- Seattle Public School System
- Local Education Fund - Alliance for Education
- The Funding community - Collegespark, Gates Foundation, College Success Foundation
- Higher ed institutions - University of Washington, Seattle Community College Districts, Seattle Pacific
- Policy and Advocacy groups - Seattle Education Access, League of Education Voters, and El Centro de la Raza
This past year, the network primarily focused on building sustainable relationships within the network and beginning to build a structure within SPS high schools and middle schools that have the highest population of low-income and students of color.
Our four key areas of work include:
- Building capacity with SPS
- Identify and engage community partners
- Build a sustainable structure including metrics for collaboration between schools, community organizations, and families in supporting all students for college access and success
- Push areas of policy that have an impact on the success of this effort
Since the network began, all providers have been energetic, enthusiastic, and committed to the network mission. It is apparent that we are resource rich around the issue of college access and readiness. Coordinating our efforts in a way where we can eliminate inefficiencies and work in concert will be the task ahead.
We welcome your thoughts and participation!!
Mark Yango, AFE